About Postpartum Herbal Soup Kit by Huron Point
Based on a traditional Chinese postpartum formula, the herbs in the Postpartum Herbal Soup Kit help nourish a new mom. It helps build new blood, expels remaining placenta, improves breast milk production, slows bleeding and alleviates pain. Do not use during pregnancy. 2 ounce resealable package.
Chinese Herb Ingredients: Dang gui, Chuan xiong, Pao Jiang, Tao Ren, Gou qi zi, Da zao, Zhi gan cao.
- Dang gui is a herb used in Chinese medicine to enrich blood, promote blood circulation and modulate the immune system.
- Chuan xiong is traditionally used in Chinese medicine for the treatment of cardiovascular diseases, headache, and vertigo.
- Pao Jiang is a Chinese herb for abdominal pain, vomiting, diarrhea.
- Tao Ren is a traditional Chinese medicinal seed used to support blood stasis.
- Gou qi zi benefits organs and cells by supporting the yin of the liver, kidney and also the lungs.
- Da Zao is a traditional Chinese medicinal herb that supports calmness and emotional well-being, supports digestive health and nourishes the blood.
- Zhi gan cao is a Chinese herb tht enhances qi flow in heart, replenishes qi in the body, harmonizes the stomach, restores pulse.
One of the most common ways to use tonic herbs in China is cooking them in a soup with chicken and vegetables. Generally speaking, tonic herbs have a pleasant taste which does not adversely affect the flavorful aspects of mealtime soups. This soup is best used in the days immediately after childbirth to through the first year postpartum.
- The Stock
- 1 whole chicken or 3 ½ lbs chicken bones
- 3 celery stalks, diced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 12 cups water
Simmer the chicken and vegetables in water at least 2 hours over low heat. Strain broth, discarding vegetables. You can add the chicken back after cooking herbs.
- The Soup
- 7-8 cups broth
- 1 bag Postpartum Herbs
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Add chicken, vegetables, beans, rice/noodles to your liking
Combine ingredients, bring to a boil and simmer 45-60 minutes.
Makes 4 – 6 servings.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.Back to Top