About Titan Transilluminator Dental Instrument by Ascentcare Dental Products
The Titan Transilluminator Dental Instrument helps detect anterior and posterior caries and aids in visualization of root and crown fractures and root canal orifice. Simple and easy to use, this versatile, fiber optic illuminator has multiple functions. Using fiber optic transillumination, this dental instrument has been developed with many features to give dentists what they need for success.
Features of the Titan Transilluminator include:
- Bright. Powered by a high intensity light source, HyperLUX light engine, the Titan Transilluminator emits light at three intensity levels up to 20,000 LUX with a 6,000K color temperature.
- Fiber Optic. Replaceable 1mm Endo tip light guides that send an intense, narrow beam of light directly where it’s needed.
- Strong. Constructed with Lexan medical grade polycarbonate.
- Compact. Pen-sized design with an ergonomic grip make the Titan Transilluminator the perfect instrument.
- Smart. Engineered with our high temperature fiber optic magnetic coupling system.
- Optimized. Mirror angle is in ideal relation to the fiber optic light emitter, providing for a desired uniform illumination.
- Sterilizable. Sterilize using industry standard methods.
- Hygienic. Fiber Optic light guides are disposable.
- Versatile. A wide variety of uses as a diagnostic aid.
Coupling to the HyperLUX light engine through a fiber optic light guide creates a finely intensified beam of light at the tip of the Titan Transilluminator to help detect and diagnose. The HyperLUX light engine’s innovative magnetic coupling system allows for 360° rotation of both the included fiber optic cable and the transillumination instrument, eliminating the problems associated with cable binding.
The Titan Transilluminator has a wide variety of uses as a diagnostic aid including illuminating, exploring, evaluating, detecting and/or diagnosing. Specifically, using a fiber optic transillumination instrument is excellent for:
- Illuminating root canal orifices within the pulp chamber
- Evaluating stained margins of composite resins
- Evaluating cusp fractures
- Evaluating cracked teeth
- Detecting soft tissue lesions
- Evaluating ceramic restorations before cementation
- Detecting Fracture and craze lines in ceramic restorations
- Detecting Fracture and craze lines in natural teeth
- Evaluating depth of extrinsic staining
- Exploring Lesion depth
- Detecting calculus
- Detecting dentinal approximal lesions
- Diagnosing anterior and posterior interproximal carries
- Diagnosing occlusal caries
The Titan Transilluminator comes with 25 disposable replacement endo tip light guides. A 45 pack of replacement tips are available.
NOTE: The HyperLUX light engine is needed to power this transillumination tool and sold separately.
All Ascentcare Dental Product’s dental instruments are made in Spring Lake, Michigan.Back to Top